Solutions for Urgent Care Centers
Driving Efficiency from Check-in to Check-out
Your center runs at a fast pace. You need practice management solutions that are scalable and help you manage patient volume. athenahealth offers a cloud-based tool to help you drive efficiencies and gain financial control through integrated EHR, medical billing and care coordination - with 94% of claims paid the first time. Read athena's case study to learn more.
Solutions to Enhance Your Center
We have the tools and technologies to help you manage costs and drive efficiencies. Whether it's submitting reimbursements, ordering supplies, tracking inventory or getting credit for expired pharmaceuticals, we can advise you on the best solutions to meet your unique challenges.
Order Supplies Electronically, Manage Inventory & Control Costs
- McKesson SupplyManagerSM is an online order management system, available at no charge to all our customers. It helps you easily manage inventory and control costs. You can access special offers, Switch & Save and see overstock items.
- McKesson ScanManagerSM - With one simple handheld device you can quickly scan supplies to be ordered in your supply closet and send orders directly to McKesson SupplyManagerSM, taking manual errors out of your physical inventory process.
- McKesson Inventory Manager and our ORBITS technology help you make sure the right products are purchased at the right time and are always available at your facilities. It provides real-time information on your inventory, which can help you make smarter purchasing decisions.
- McKesson CSOSManagerSM - Order controlled substances without paper 222 forms.
- McKesson eSamples - Powered by Physicians Interactive, eSamples is a free and secure service that enables eligible prescribers to order pharmaceutical samples online - easily and conveniently. The service is sponsored by leading pharmaceutical manufacturers to meet prescriber requests for consistent sample supplies.
- MedFlats - A complete pharmaceutical disposal solution that provides a regulatory compliant way to properly dispose of expired or unwanted meds and capture unrealized supplier credits.
- MedPro - Reliable cost-effective medical waste disposal service. MedPro compliantly disposes of medical and biohazardous waste and offers sharps collection and disposal.
Manage Your Business
MedTrainer is an electronic learning system that helps your center manage your compliance training - including OSHA, HIPAA and accreditation trainings - and also offers:
- Robust administration functions
- Safety Data Sheet (SDS) library
- Safety plan management
- Incidence reporting
The United Health Centers of the San Joaquin Valley recently implemented MedTrainer and has reported positive results, stating, "The feedback we are receiving from our employees is unanimously positive. As the system administrator, I'm finding it easy to use. MedTrainer worked with us to develop specific trainings for our Women and Infant Care (WIC) Program and have added several new courses since we've signed up. We also just had an audit and it was extremely easy to be able to print all the certificates of course completion with one click. I highly recommend MedTrainer."
Facility Planning and Setup Consulting Services
Building or expanding your facility comes with unique challenges. To help you through this process, we offer comprehensive planning and set-up services at each stage so you can start seeing patients as soon as possible.
Your McKesson Medical-Surgical Account Manager will sit down with you to help you define your needs and offer equipment and configuration recommendations specific to your facility. Following this consultation, we can obtain purchase orders, manage orders from multiple vendors and collect all the items in a single location within our warehouse. This saves you the hassle of scheduling multiple deliveries and finding space to store your orders. Then, once your certificate of occupancy is issued, we will deliver your order in a single delivery and be on site to help manage installation and stock supplies. We even remove all the trash and old products so your staff can walk in and begin treating patients.
How to Manage and Maintain Annual Compliance Training
Many organizations have one person who maintains responsibility for ensuring that staff receive and complete their compliance training. This can be a daunting task. Is an eLearning system right for your organization? What should you consider when exploring eLearning options?
Brian S. Williams, MedTrainer's Compliance Director, provides his insight.