POC testing methods are rapidly evolving for COVID-19, including molecular, antigen & serological tests. Hear from a leading healthcare expert, Dr. Gregory Berry, on these test methods & their impact on patient care. Dr. Berry takes an in-depth look at various point-of-care testing methods for COVID-19, explaining their processes, the costs and benefits of each test, and how they impact the point-of-care setting. This recap is a valuable overview for those in search of a concise and informative look at different COVID-19 testing methods and how they can influence patient behavior and provider decision-making.
- Corey Richter, Host, McKesson Medical-Surgical
- Dr. Gregory Berry, Director of Molecular Diagnostics at Northwell Health System, Assistant Director of Infectious Disease Diagnostics at Northwell Health Laboratories, and Assistant Professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at The Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra and Northwell.
Jump to sections:
- Minute 00:30 - Panel introductions
- Minute 02:32 - Basic methodologies of COVID-19 testing
- Minute 05:01 - Overview of COVID-19 and further discussion on various types of COVID-19 testing, including the differences between serology and antibody testing
- Minute 17:03 - Analyzing the pros and cons of antigen testing for COVID-19
- Minute 20:32 - Serology testing and COVID-19
- Minute 28:30 - The benefits of COVID-19 mitigation strategies during flu season
- Minute 30:00 - Concluding remarks
- Minute 31:00 - Question and answer session
Webinar originally aired on July 9, 2020
© 2020 McKesson Medical-Surgical Inc.