Approximately 5% of the adult population in mature markets suffer from chronic venous insufficiency, which can lead to a host of issues including varicose veins, oedema and active leg ulcers. In this presentation, we explore the clinical signs of chronic venous disease, the impact on healthcare systems and how compression therapy can help prevent severe cardiovascular disease.
Presented by: Tony Forsberg, National Clinical Director, RN, BSBA, WCC, CSPHA
- Minute 1:05 - Intro
- Minute 2 :50 - What is "compression therapy"?
- Minute 4 :25 - Facts about chronic venous disease (CVD)
- Minute 11 :10 - CVD's impact on healthcare systems
- Minute 13 :40 - CVD risk factors
- Minute 16 :15 - Diagnosis
- Minute 18 :35 - How compression works
- Minute 24 :45 - Selecting compression products
- Minute 30 :30 - Anti-embolism vs. gradient compression
- Minute 34 :35 - Recommendations & cautions
- Minute 37 :00 - Frequently asked questions
Webinar originally aired on June 8, 2022
© 2022 McKesson Medical-Surgical Inc.