Services & Tools
Services & Tools
Technology solutions for smarter inventory and business management
Increase practice efficiency and reduce time spent on administrative tasks with McKesson SupplyManager℠, our integrated online ordering portal.
With comprehensive product information and functionality features designed for your convenience, McKesson SupplyManager℠ makes inventory control more convenient and simpler than ever. Get customized reporting, integrate your practice management system, create lists and formularies, set approval rules and more, all on one easy-to-use platform.
Key features of McKesson SupplyManager:
- Enhance expense management with customized reporting features
- Generate accounting reports, including account balance and open/paid invoices, to improve your accounts payable processing
- View materials usage reports sorted by facility, manufacturer or by item number – and more
- Integrate ordering with system connectivity
- Connect with your procurement or ERP system to reduce manual entry and improve accounts payable processing
- Integrate with your practice management system to simplify ordering
Controlled substance ordering
- Improve the process for ordering Class II drugs with McKesson CSOSManager℠
- Eliminate manual filling out of DEA 222 forms
- Process orders faster
- Get all your supplies on one order, including pharmaceuticals and medical-surgical
- Connect with customer loyalty programs
- Gain access to promotional product offers for McKesson customers
- Manage compliance with access to SDS/MSDS and DSCSA reporting
- Stay informed with educational resources
Ready to spend less time managing your orders?
Create a SupplyManager account today to start getting more out of your McKesson ordering experience.
Create a more efficient ordering workflow
Manage your accounts
Have multiple locations and accounts? Use one login to access all your accounts and locations. Once logged in, select “Switch Account” to seamlessly switch between accounts by simply selecting the desired account and location (ship to) from your list.
Create lists and formularies for easier ordering
Need to standardize products across multiple locations or simply want to make the ordering process easier? Create lists and/or formularies for single users or shared accounts to help control purchases. Formularies allow you to create a set list, or catalog, of products so facilities and departments can quickly and efficiently purchase approved products. You can also restrict lists by locking it to help ensure compliance.
Soft locking lists: This formulary lock allows users to purchase from their set list/catalog, but can also allow non-list items to be added to cart. This type is usually used with approval rules
Hard locking lists: This formulary lock restricts purchases to only allow items included in the list. Users are only allowed to view and add items to cart from the locked formulary list/catalog
Set approval rules for order transparency
Help manage purchases with cart approvals, or approval rules. With approval rules in place, users can add items to the cart but cannot check out. The cart is submitted for approval before the purchase can be completed.
Approved Inventory List
Set up list of items allowed to be purchased • Consolidate items purchased for better pricing and cost savings • Use with Approval Rules to allow off formulary purchases with approval
Send order notifications by email to approver • Set dollar-amount limit for ordering • Ensure formulary ordering compliance
Manage your orders
Schedule a future order, or automate routine orders for commonly used supplies by creating a scheduled order.
Not ready to check out? No problem! Add items to your cart and select “Suspend Cart”. You will be prompted to name you cart. Once you select “Suspend”, your cart will be saved and accessible under “Lists” when you are ready to view or check out.
Returns made simple! In addition to calling our customer service to make a return, you can also make a return online in SupplyManager.
Manage your spend & track purchasing trends
Tracking what you purchased has never been easier. McKesson SpendManager allows you to review items that you’ve purchased in any date range, as well as narrow down by location, GL code, categories and items, and is available to ALL McKesson Medical-Surgical customers at no charge through SupplyManager.
- Easily analyze data based on activity by ship to, major category, minor category, item, GL Code, locations or your entire business with McKesson
- Access to 24 months of data
- View top items purchased
- Save, print, or export in-depth spend reports
- Identify greater accounting efficiencies with invoice counts
SpendManager also integrates with BudgetPlanner and order approvals for maximum cost savings. BudgetPlanner allows you to set budgets by location, GL code and categories.
- Assign budget dollar amounts by bill to, ship to, major category and GL code
- Receive email notification alerts for specific threshold percentages spent
- Integrates with SupplyManager
- Set approval rules
- Manager can approve orders that are over budget
- Easily accessible overview of budget spend with information on dollars left in budget
- Automatically adjust year to year budgets by percent
General ledger (GL) codes
GL codes can be created at a customer level and can help track purchasing trends, spending and assign budgets. GL codes can be created based on purchase history and you select the codes. You can also set up an approval rule so that orders containing items missing GL codes will go for approval where the GL code can be added.
Add SupplyManager Tools Today
Call customer service at 1-855-571-2100 to add these tools to your McKesson SupplyManager℠ account today!