Services & Tools
Services & Tools
Manage your perpetual inventory and maintain periodic automatic replenishment (PAR) levels for your medical, lab, office and janitorial supplies with McKesson Inventory Manager.
Inventory management for medical practices, community health centers, health systems, laboratories, surgery centers and urgent care centers
Improve Practice Health through Better Inventory Management
Make sure the right products are purchased at the right time and are always available at your facilities with McKesson Inventory Manager, our web-based barcode-enabled system that helps you place supply orders, track products, avoid errors and identify purchase trends.
Providing real-time information on the medical supplies you purchase and use from McKesson Medical-Surgical, Inventory Manager helps you make smarter purchasing decisions and reduces the time it takes to manage your inventory, so you can focus on providing better patient care.
“If you can use a self-checkout in a grocery store, you can use Inventory Manager. [It is] powerful and effective on the back end. [The] key to our ability to capture 95% of inventory usage and chargeable items is the system’s simple user interface and logical process flow.”
— McKesson Inventory Manager Customer
Drive Cost Reductions
- Standardize and manage inventory by vendor, product, cost, quality needs and more across single or multiple facilities
- Easily order the quantity you actually need – each, box or case
- Reorder from multiple vendors based on inventory levels and actual usage
- Determine inventory value at any given time
- Reduce expedited shipping and associated costs
- Corporate/network-wide purchasing
Better Manage Inventory & Increase Efficiencies
- Ideal for labs: Track products with lot numbers, serial numbers and expiration dates
- Set order alerts to help prevent shortages of key products
- Order and track more than just medical-surgical supplies – pharmaceuticals, housekeeping, janitorial and office supplies
- Produce metrics and custom reports to make better, more informed decisions
- Establish policies and procedures for purchasing supplies and cut down on individual purchasing preferences
- Save staff time on manual PO processing
Support At Your Fingertips
McKesson Inventory Manager is a secure, easy-to-use system. Our expert technology team provides hands-on support, from installation through all your customer service needs.
If any issues arise, the McKesson help desk with IT support is there to assist you in a timely manner. For help, call 1-800-422-0280, option 3.
Inventory Manager for Surgery Centers
Inventory Manager not only helps surgery centers place medical supply orders, track products, avoid errors and identify purchase trends, it also allows surgery centers to identify custom spending based on preferences, tracks costs and helps with scheduling.
Inventory Manager allows surgery centers to become more customized and efficient with preference cards, case costing reports and surgical logs.
The preference card feature allows staff to remove all the items for a surgery from inventory with one barcode scan. It is based on the surgeons’ preference.
The case costing feature helps keep track of costs based on preferences for each surgeon and costs of each procedure. Case costing is the actual cost a procedure costs based on the surgeons’ preference card and shows which physician is costing the surgery center more money, allowing the survey center to become more efficient with both spend and patient care.
Surgical Log and Calendar
Inventory Manager features a surgical log and calendar for surgery centers, allowing the center to see how many procedures were completed in a selected period and by which physicians. The surgical log can also be used for daily use to help with scheduling procedures.