Merck and McKesson Medical-Surgical have teamed up to offer a unique software package exclusively dedicated to Antibiotic Stewardship. The software maintains a longitudinal patient record, tracks patient specific risk factors, local trends, and epidemiology. With functional capability such as automated outcome tracking & NHSN AUR reporting and prioritization of high risk patients, stewardship teams are confident in their computer driven timely calls to action.
McKesson sees coordinated data technology as a critical component of a hospital antibiotic stewardship program. Coordinated data can help address common challenges such as:
- Limited connectivity & interfacing of systems
- Limited data, slow data for interpretation
- Reporting & actionable metrics
What is the ILÚM product?
Real-time and longitudinal patient data that is shared across departments/platform to support clinical decision makers while helping to improve patient outcomes.
|ID platform and real-time information service||Clinical collaboration and ongoing quality consulting|
|Program level insight platform||Point-of-care clinical decision support|
Additionally, the ILÚM product features:
- Automated Antibiogram
– Extracting and transforming data to create a CLSI compliant antibiogram
- Notifications for key reviewers and decision makers
– Including prioritization of high risk patients
– Timely calls to action
– Real-time audit trail
- Patient Overview
– Centralized information and clinical collaboration all in one place for reviewers and decision makers
– Social media communication model
– Real-time comment and conversation trail
– HIPAA auditable